We are now looking for our Head of Legal to join Insurely. This is a new role with us, which will enable you to have a large impact on the way we work with legal matters, which will be a valuable contribution to us. In this role, you will be responsible for the legal division at Insurely. The work will include building processes and best practices for the legal organization, focusing on ensuring that our innovative insurtech solutions are continuously compliant in our various markets. The legal division will also be responsible for various internal corporate law assignments, ranging from investment-related tasks to contacts with various authorities. Not all legal work will be performed and executed in-house, and you will therefore also coordinate the communication with external law firms and other advisors. As a part of the role, you will typically have direct contact in sales processes with senior legal representatives, as well as assist our sales team with legal matters. Going forward, you will have the opportunity to own and shape the whole legal department at Insurely!
How you'll be part of changing an industry
- As we scale, grow and adapt to our markets, the legal organization will play a central role in supporting the rest of the organization both with internal legal matters, but also in how we create great products in a compliant manner. In many cases, you will be a part of cross-functional teams, often working closely with our tech and commercial departments.
- A large part of your work will be to take ownership in questions regarding GDPR and privacy, preferably in a technical and practical context.
- You will apply legal concepts onto Insurely's technical solutions and convey the conclusions in simple terms to our partners and prospects in sales meetings/dialogues.
- Your competence will also be useful in areas regarding investments, acquisitions, sales, and corporate governance.
- Or maybe you have experience in working with commercial agreements, preferably IT-related contracts.
- You will be responsible for purchasing legal services from external parties such as law firms both locally and in new markets.
What we look for
- Have a law degree (Master of Law) and have working experience from a similar role.
- Can lead and take ownership of all legal aspects of Insurley’s business, both in the Swedish market but also in our expansion to new markets.
- Have excellent people skills and you are a true star when it comes to stakeholder management.
- Are driven and passionate about working with innovative technology solutions.
- Have an autonomous approach when it comes to your work, and also have a humble approach when contributing to Insurely’s team.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- As always, the most important aspect is your skills! How you gotten there doesn't really matter
What's in it for you
An inspiring environment, with skilled and creative colleagues, where you’ll play a centric role with a big impact on both how we are building our company as well as disrupting the insurance industry.
This in a culture where we together aim for challenging the status quo, always keeping the consumer centric but without losing the fun side to it - we do still love our coffee, having a drink or two after work, as well as occasional team activities or workouts.
We are centrally located at Tegnérgatan 3, Stockholm.