At Insurely we are changing the game within the insurance industry. We are now looking to strengthen our team with an Engineering Manager. Come join us to build the future of insurance!
To help us scale, and grow the engineering team we are looking for an Engineering Manager who has a passion for delivering simple, high quality solutions. You will be the manager in one of our cross functional teams, and be responsible for the deliverables for the team as well as to make sure that the team is thriving and growing. You will be coaching the team members, and be part of the overall recruitment and growth effort of Insurely as a whole. You may also be hands-on in the operative part of the team effort and ship code that is not in the hot path yourself. We see that you will enable the team to get the overview perspective and work in a more strategic way when developing the products. In this role, you will be a part of, and contribute to, a transformation of the insurance industry!
How you'll be part of changing an industry
Here’s some examples of things which we’d like for you to engage in and take lead on
- Be responsible and make sure the team delivery has the best possible quality
- Lead the team and work with the product organization, ask the right questions to get an overview perspective to make the process move forward
- Support the team and make sure to remove possible bottlenecks in the process
- Helping the team to prioritise and act like a mentor in harder situations
- Work strategically with hiring and growing the team, but also take a shorter, more operative perspective if necessary
- Making sure that we have a strategic perspective when delivering quality software, in line with Insurely’s standards.
What we look for
- Someone who has many years of experience in a similar role that has required leading a team, mentor members and taking the overall ownership for delivery
- We believe you have a background as a software engineer, know how to code, and have a desire to stay current and involved in the day to day of your team
- You’re comfortable being in charge of delivery and taking ownership for the whole team collaboration
- We see that you have the ability to engage your team members and make them motivated on the journey
- We believe that you are good at engaging your team members in the journey
- You are used to working in an agile way with cross-functional teams, preferably from a product and tech company
What's in it for you
We offer you a chance to be part of something truly amazing. We are just at the beginning of our journey, with ambitious international growth plans for 2022 and beyond, where you will play a crucial role in making our products develop.
You will be part of an inspiring environment, with skilled and creative colleagues, where you’ll play a centric role with a big impact on both how we are building our company as well as disrupting the insurance industry. This, in a culture where we together aim for always challenging the status quo, keeping the consumer in mind in everything we do but without losing the fun side to it - we do still love our coffee, having a drink or two after work, as well as occasional team activities or workouts.
We are centrally located at Mäster Samuelsgatan 42, Stockholm.
We can’t wait to meet you!